Thursday, July 19, 2012

Can I get a cool breeze?

North Carolina is such a miserable place this time of year.  It's been 90+ with 1,000% humidity everyday.
Today my buddy and I were all set to go kayking, but were turned away because it looked like rain. See above: the humidity. It often seems like rain here in the afternoon. Turns out, it never rained and now I'm annoyed because that was going to be my exercise today.
Ah well.
Today for dinner I made the Brie and Brisket Quesadillas. 
I meant to make them yesterday, but my braindead self forgot to...plug in the crockpot. You can't come home to dinner when you don't plug it in.
Here are some pictures from tonight:

This is the meat, brie and monterrey jack on a whole wheat tortilla.
                                        This is all of the above photo with the mango bbq sauce.
                                           All done! I'm ready to eat now. And yes, I ate it all.

I do not see how teachers lose weight in the summer. Perhaps it's because I have been vacationing so much, or because booze packs it on or perhaps its the meeting friends out for meals which is hard during the school year, but I have not lost a pound.
I also said I was going to exercise a lot over the summer. Um, yeah, that hasn't happened.  Same for reading, organizing and painting.
Oh well, there's always next summer....

Tomorrow we are hitting up the Palm in Charlotte since it's Queens feast week, so I will not be doing any cooking. I'm excited to try and new place and have a double date with Zack and Sherri.
Saturday is going to bring river tubing with some friends and some tooling around Boone.

Also, if you have not yet tried Oliver Beanblossom hard cider (raspberry!) what the hell are you waiting for?
It is the best way to enjoy the patio on a hot summer night. Seriously, I am digging it more than riesling right now and ya'll know I love me some Riesling.
Here's the link at Total Wine so you can see more about it:

No comments:

Post a Comment