Sunday, January 22, 2012

January in a nutshell

The kids have been nuts at school. We only have one week the entire month where the kids attend 5 days of school. It's been a little crazy. It's hard to teach a lesson when they are going bananas.
On the home front: Our younger cat, the ginger one named Percy, has been battling an infected cheek. He thinks he's all big and bad and keeps getting beat up by the other neighborhood cats. It's not been fun to watch my husband try to doctor him or listen to Percy's pitiful meows. He has to hurt since his eye is practically closing because of the swelling.
Other news: Sherri and I went to Atlanta last weekend. Despite neither of us feeling in tip top condition, and Atlanta being a tad bit colder than we would preferred, we had a great time. The world of Coke is from hell and the service at the sundial restaurant (the revolving restaurant at the top of the Westin hotel, 73 stories up) was abysmal, but the CNN studio tour, Georgia aquarium and Zoo Atlanta were top notch. If you haven't been on the CNN tour, the escalator is listed in the Guinness book of world records for being the longest freestanding escalator in the world.  It's a quick tour with lots of walking downstairs, but unbelievably cool to experience.  The Georgia aquarium is always crowded with good reason. It's the largest in the world, and you get to go through a tube where the fish are swimming all around you. The Zoo, well, it has pandas. Need I say more?
Today I'm rolling out to the 'fancy' goodwill with my mom to see what's there. I'm trying to get some crafty projects done. I want to make some extra cash on etsy so that I can feel no guilt when I'm not working this summer.
Ciao for now
Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment